How is Your Information Collected?
You Provide It to Us
We collect information that you enter on our digital properties or give us in other ways (e.g. when you order on Flowers-tea.com, purchase a product in a FLOWERS TEAstore or create a gift registry).
Automated Information Collection
We may connect information collected automatically with information we already have about you in order to identify you as a TEA CHAI TE guest. If we are able to identify you as a TEA CHAI TE guest we may, for example, link your activity on our website to your activity in a TEA CHAI TE store or on one of our mobile applications. This allows us to provide you with a personalized experience regardless of how you interact with us – online, in store, mobile, etc.
In order to provide the best guest experience possible, we also use automated information collection technologies for reporting and analysis purposes. We examine metrics such as how you are shopping on our website, in our stores, and on our mobile applications, the performance of our marketing efforts, and your response to those marketing efforts.
Third-party automated collection
We and our service providers use anonymous identifiers such as cookies and other technologies to collect and store certain types of information (e.g. click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, hardware/software information, cookie and session ID) whenever you interact with us or third-parties that use our services.
Information from other sources
We collect information about you from other sources to enhance our existing guest information and improve the accuracy of our records. This improves our ability to contact you and increases the relevance of our marketing.
How Is Your Information Used?
Information we collect is used for a variety of purposes, including activities such as: processing transactions, helping our guest relations representatives resolve issues, identifying fraud and improving our services. In addition, information we collect improves your experience by delivering more personalized interactions and advertising in digital (e.g. Flowers-tea.com, mobile app, other online sites) and social media (e.g., Facebook, Pinterest), as well as TV and Video platforms.
We also use information we collect for reporting and analysis purposes. We examine metrics such as how you are shopping on our website, in our stores and on our mobile applications, the performance of our marketing efforts and your response to those marketing efforts.
Our Purposes (including but not limited to marketing)
- Deliver coupons, mobile offers newsletters, in-store receipt messages, emails, mobile messages, TEA CHAI TE advertising and social media notifications
- Provide interactive features of the website or mobile applications, such as product reviews or Weekly Ad, send marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions
- Administer promotions, surveys, and focus groups
- Cross-context and cross-device linking
- Interest based advertising
- Improve guest experiences
- Conduct research and analysis
- Perform other business activities as needed, or as described elsewhere in this policy
Product and Service Fulfillment
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and returns/exchanges
- Respond to requests for information about our products and services in our stores, on our websites or mobile applications, or to otherwise serve you
- Connect with you regarding guest service via our contact center, guest service desk, or on social media or internet chat platforms. Chat functionality allows our Guest Relations specialists to see what a guest is typing before hitting the send button. This allows for quicker response time as our specialists anticipate questions.
- Provide services such as Gift Registry or a shopping list
- Manage subscription services, including order management, billing, improving reorder experiences, communicate with you about your subscription, and offer other products and services that may be of interest to you
- Fulfill benefits associated with use of our services, such as delivery of Welcome kits, to award and redeem points through our loyalty programs, etc.
- Administer sweepstakes and contests
- Conduct a transaction where we collect information required by law (for example, pseudoephedrine or age-restricted purchases)
- Allow you to, using our mobile applications: find a store nearest to your location, show you a map of the store (if available), use our drive up (where available) capabilities, add and redeem offers, search for products and check availability, check prices, provide product ratings and reviews, track your orders, scan a UPC barcode or QR code, use voice recognition to add to your list, update information, etc.
We merge data collected from our own websites and mobile apps. Examples of the data collected include: cookie IDs, device Advertising IDs (such as Apple and Google’s Advertising Identifiers); transaction and browsing history; your interaction with our online and mobile advertisements, including advertisements we serve within our emails and advertisements that we serve on behalf of third parties; information about ads we serve, such as which ad was served, your interactions with the ads, and the URLs where the ads are served from marketing partners such as Google.
We may also link your various devices so that content you see on one device can result in relevant experience on another device. This allows us to deliver more personalized and consistent advertising to you (for example, if you purchase a product on our website using your desktop, we are able to avoid showing you an advertisement on the same product on your mobile phone; if you add an item to your cart on Flowers-tea.com through your mobile device, but leave Flowers-tea.com without purchasing the item, we are able to show you that item in your cart on another device).
Interest Based Advertising
FLOWERS TEAparticipates in interest-based advertising (IBA), also known as Online Behavioral Advertising. We use third-party advertising companies to display ads tailored to your individual interests based on how you browse and shop online, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as ad delivery, reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research.
We allow third-party companies to collect certain information when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications. This information is used to serve ads for FLOWERS TEAproducts or services or for the products or services of other companies when you visit this website or other websites. These companies use non-identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, hardware/software information, cookie and session ID) and personally identifiable information (e.g., static IP address) during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These parties typically use a cookie, web beacon or other similar tracking technologies to collect this information. TEA CHAI TE adheres to the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) self-regulatory principles for IBA.
User Experience Information
In order to improve guest online and mobile shopping experiences, help with fraud identification, and assist our guest relations representatives in resolving issues guests may experience in completing online purchases, we use tools to monitor certain user experience information; including login information, IP address, data regarding pages visited and ads clicked, specific actions taken on pages visited (e.g., information entered during checkout process), browser and device information.
Social Media Ads
We may display TEA CHAI TE ads to you through social media platforms. These ads are sent to groups of people who share traits such as likely commercial interests and demographics. For example, we may TEA CHAI TE guests who have expressed an interest in shopping for groceries, cosmetics, clothing, etc. See the policies of each social media platform for additional information about these types of ads.
Prevention of Fraud and Other Harm
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our guests and our business (e.g., product recalls)
- For example, assist law enforcement and respond to legal/regulatory inquiries
How is Your Information Shared?
We may share the information we collect with companies that provide support services to us (such as printers, e-mail providers, mobile marketing services, analytics providers, web hosting providers, call center/chat providers, sweepstakes vendors, payment processors, coupon delivery vendors, data enhancement services, fraud prevention providers or shipping services providers, including product vendors) or that help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. We limit information shared with service providers to what is necessary to fulfill the services.
Registries and Shopping Lists
If you create a gift registry or shopping list, your information will be accessible on our website, mobile or social applications, on partner registries, and on kiosks in stores. If you purchase an item from a registry or shopping list, information such as your billing name and address will be made available to the owner(s).
Other Businesses Products and Services
We may disclose information we collect when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law; to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements; to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or disposal of all or part of our business or assets; or to protect the rights property or safety of our company, our guests or others.
Elsewhere at Your Direction
At your direction or request, or when you otherwise consent, we may share your information.
Sharing Non-identifiable or Aggregate Information with Third Parties
We may share non-identifiable or aggregate information with third parties for lawful purposes.
In connection with the sale or transfer of some or all of our business assets, we may transfer the corresponding information regarding our guests. We also may retain a copy of that guest information.